It is getting such that we feel like we need to brace ourselves for June – August. We actually have a list of things to do.
- For going out to lunch, make sure the umbrella is working;
- Stock up on appropriate clothing: current favourites are linen and Airism items;
- Stock up on popsicles: make sure there is enough to have one per person per day;
- Don’t be lazy about making ice!
- If you don’t have circulator fans, consider them;
- Service the air-conditioner; and
- Buy fruit tea bags and make iced brews.
Not too long or complex a list, but it helps to make a go at it and in the face of mounting heat, say to ourselves that we have done what we can, oh well, so let’s not complain anymore.