New project for those who like to paint!
What you will need:
- a piece of scrap wood
- acrylic paint (or enamel paint if you want something to hang outdoors)
- paintbrushes suitable for your paint
- masking tape
It is easy to do, and a fun way to make something to decorate your home. Because it’s wood, you can prop this up without having to find a frame.
- Be careful to mix enough paint for your intended work because it is always tougher to re-mix a batch that looks exactly the same!
- Remember to press your masking tape down firmly. If not, your lines won’t be clean.
- I used a silkscreen we already had for this piece. An alternative is to have your design printed or drawn on a piece of paper. Place the paper on the wood and use a ballpoint to trace over the design. If you press hard enough, your ballpoint pen marking will create a groove in which you can paint. Steady hands required! Do not drink coffee before you work.